About This Policy
TT Fuel and Privacy
TT Fuel is bound by the Privacy Act (1988).
What Personal Information is Collected?
TT Fuel collects personal information to assist it and its related bodies corporate to conduct their activities and provide the range of services they offer.
Personal information collected by TT Fuel may include:
- Identification details, which may include name, birth date, gender, security questions and answers;
- Bank account and TT Fuel account details;
- User ID's and passwords;
- Services provided to you, including saved items and searches;
- Business information, such as ABN and licence number;
- Information about the devices on which you visit the TT Fuel Network, and your activities on those sites;
- Third party account details (for example where you sign in through a social network);
- Social profile information;
How is Personal Information Collected?
TT Fuel collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you when you provide information directly to TT Fuel in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise);
- Directly from you when you communicate with TT Fuel or any other person using TT Fuel Communications Services;
- From third parties such as:
- TT Fuel related companies;
- Operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on the TT Fuel Network;
- Social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
- From third party data providers who have been directed by you to send us information on your behalf;
- Through use of TT Fuel proprietary software in which personal information is stored;
- From organisations identified or described under the heading "How is personal information disclosed"
How is Personal Information Used?
Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- To maintain appropriate business records;
- To research, develop, improve and use within TT Fuel products and services;
- To pre-populate / customise / provide shortcuts on our websites;
- To conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with TT Fuel services;
- To generate statistics in relation to the TT Fuel Network;
- For the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings;
- To promote and market special offers and other services to you;
- For purposes connected with the operation of the TT Fuel Network;
- For staff training and quality assurance;
- To personalise the site experience and/or the advertising you see when you visit sites within the TT Fuel Network.
How is Personal Information Disclosed?
TT Fuel may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than TT Fuel. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- TT Fuel staff and TT Fuel's related bodies corporate;
- The public if you use publicly available Communications Services;
- Individuals and organisations that advertise with TT Fuel if you submit an enquiry or seek certain services through TT Fuel - depending on your enquiry these may include operators of Linked Sites;
- Outsourced service providers who assist TT Fuel to provide its services including:
- Information technology providers;
- Marketing and market research advisers; and
- Professional advisers;
- Entities to whom you request we send your information;
- Resellers of TT Fuel services;
- Organisations involved in a sale/transfer of TT Fuel assets, business or shares;
- To assist government or regulatory authorities or police;
- As we are required by law, for example, pursuant to a subpoena or in accordance with unclaimed money legislation.
Maintaining Personal Information Quality
TT Fuel strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. To facilitate this, please let us know if any of your details change.
How to Access Your Personal Information
You generally have a right to access your personal information, subject to a few exceptions provided by law. If you wish to access your personal information please go to "contact us" link at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information. There is no charge for this service, however you may be required to verify your identity before any information is released to you.
About Security and Personal Information
TT Fuel takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, but is generally stored electronically on TT Fuel systems.
Transfer of Personal Information Outside of Australia
What if You Don't Provide Personal Information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, TT Fuel may not be able to provide you with the full range of TT Fuel services.
TT Fuel Network, Linked Sites and Personal Information
When you visit a website or use an application on the TT Fuel Network, TT Fuel records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring url, and other referral information, device information and location, carrier, site interactions such as your access to website features, pages accessed, content, searching activities, lead submission, and files accessed and downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
Such information collected by TT Fuel may be linked to other information TT Fuel holds about a user, compiling a complete profile about TT Fuel users’ browsing activities on the TT Fuel Network.
TT Fuel uses “cookies” and other methods to collect and store the information set out above. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires (this may be as little as 30 days or up 2 years, or longer in some cases). Cookies may be used by TT Fuel or by service providers engaged by TT Fuel to provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, remember the sites you visit on the TTFuel Network, measure and analyse usage of the TT Fuel Network and for security. Persistent cookies may be used to identify the sites you visit on the TT Fuel Network and to personalise the advertising that you see when you make future visits to that site or other sites. You may adjust your internet browser settings to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled TT Fuel may not be able to provide you with the full range of TT Fuel services.
What If I Have a Problem?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy, please contact us by clicking here.
TT Fuel treats complaints relating to privacy extremely seriously. If you submit a concern or complaint, we will endeavour to deal with it comprehensively and reach an outcome with which all parties are satisfied. If you would like further information about privacy in Australia, please visit www.oaic.gov.au.
How This Policy Changes
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on this website.
Last Updated: 01/08/2019